In 2011, the company found that its existing technology was limiting its ability to scale and grow: The existing enterprise resource planning (ERP) application had been heavily customized and, as a result, had not been upgraded in some time. Reporting within the existing application was difficult and time consuming, and offered only limited visibility into business operations because of challenges with integration of data from the warehouse and other areas. Black River needed a system that would provide greater end-to-end visibility into the business from the warehouse to orders and deliveries, and could support its growth needs.
Deployment of VAI S2K initiated a business transformation that supported Black River’s mission of increased efficiency, full accountability of all departments, and a support plan for continued growth.
Key benefits of the implementation have included:
- Increased productivity. The implementation of voice picking and other automation increased productivity and efficiency in the warehouse.
- Visibility across the business for accounting, buyers, and sales reduced the time spent searching for information for decision making.
- Reduced inventory shrinkage. The implementation of a voice picking system and accessibility of real-time business analytics resulted in reduced shrinkage.
- Decreased errors. Greater visibility and automation resulted in fewer customer credits issued because of delivery errors and incomplete deliveries.
- Increased visibility. With greater visibility into business operations across the board, managers can now implement and track the impact of their decisions while having a better handle on employee and team performance.
New Software Research Guides Available
Finding that you cannot keep up with all the changes in the latest software?
Want to know how the software's features and functions can assist you?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about these latest editions.
Developed through a partnership with Industrial Distribution, Industrial Supply, Contractor Supply Magazine and Brown Smith Wallace Advisory Services, these 12 page Supplement Guides provide valuable, independently researched information. Each Guide details software company information, identifies vertical markets, highlights functions and technology features, new developments to the software package, shows graphs of the user range, basic entry price point, sales channel (how and where the software is sold), along with company contact information. The Supplement Guides provide everything you need to know when beginning your software selection and evaluation process.
For 2016 Distribution Software Guide: http://www.software4dis
For 2016 Manufacturing Software Guide: http://www.software4dis
Visit our website to learn more about the Brown Smith Wallace Advisory Services and to use our Software Features Comparison Wizard.